Monday, March 11, 2013

My nail art stuff - part 1, rhinestones part 2

At Saturday I started to show my nail art stuff and I'm continuing now, with part two of rhinestones. Much of the fact in the previous post and this post, and upcoming posts might be things that's obvious for some but hopefully someone at least will learn and enjoy it. :)

Regular rhinestones, also called crystal rhinestones
Above we have rhinestone wheels. These are sometime called crystal rhinestones and they are transparent but comes in a variety of colors, looking like glass or a real rhinestone. The bottom of them have silver surface to make them looking shinier. I've seen that they come in two qualities. It's possible to buy Swarovski nail art rhinestones and I think they're in glass(maybe even cubic zirconia?). All the ones I've got is made out of plastic and I think they are good looking enough. All of these rhinestones is faceted. Sometime top coat can "remove" the effect of the facets so sometime I don't paint top coat on them if I really want to keep the faceted look.

Pearl rhinestones
Above I have some pearl rhinestones (which I like a lot).  They comes in all possible sizes and colors. The wheel to the left is the classical white color. These rhinestones are opaque and the colored pearl surface is only a thin layer on top no matter color. Because of this they can show some wear and tear after some days wear. To prevent this I always paint one or two coats of top coat on top to protect the surface.
Black opaque rhinestones
Above is my favorite, namely black opaque rhinestones. The plastic is black all way through so there's no risk of wear and tear even though I usually have top coat on anyway.
There's a lot of different shapes of rhinestones.
Above here we see a wheel of crystal rhinestones with a lot of different shapes. It's literally possible to get any shape of any rhinestone, both crystal, pearl and the black ones. Above there's rectangles, stars, flowers, hearts, squares, moons, tear drops, triangles, oval and the regular round ones.

Above is two of my favorite manicures with opaque black rhinestones and another one with pearl rhinestones.
Green sloping funky french with 4MM black opaque rhinestones
Black funky french with large pearl rhinestones


If you got any questions, please ask! :)

10 comments:

  1. Du har otroligt mycket rhinestones och tillbehör. Wow. Imponerad. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha.. jag vet inte om du behöver bli imponerad egentligen. ;) Jag är bara en köpgalen nagellacks och nail arts-nörd. :)

      Delete
  2. Haha, genast känns min lilla nail art stash inte så farlig längre. Får jag låna dina bilder och visa pappa när han är på besök och gnäller över att jag har för mycket grejer till naglarna? ;) Riktigt roliga inlägg i alla fall, så kul att se vad andra har hemma. Sen får du gärna visa hur du förvarar allt :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, när man jämför med andra så finns det ALLTID någon som är värre än en själv. Så visst visa på du. ;) Någon måste ju vara värre än mig också..haha hoppas jag iaf ;) Ja, har fler inlägg på g så det kommer allteftersom!

      Delete
  3. wonderful! a great collection. No wonder your manis are always so great. The rhinestones I own are the diferent shaped ones, but I have them in different colours. And that's it. I really don't decorate my manis a lot, I should, though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yes, I love my decorations, it's so inspiring not feeling limited, every things can be done and in all color combinations too. I also think you should do some more decorating, the ones you've made so far have looked awesome! :)

      Delete
  4. Åh så mycket spännande bling du har! Gillar verkligen dom här inläggen.

    Jag har precis börjat testa det här med strass och sånt och föredrar ganska små stenar själv. Det här med mycket 3D effekt är nog nått man måste vänja sig vid och dessutom är mina naglar smala och kraftigt kupade (från sida till sida) så det är svårt att få plats med annat än små dekorationer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tack, vad kul att du gillar inläggen! Alltid kul att höra och mer kommer..haha, för jag har mer grejer att visa ;) hihi

      Ja givetvis är det individuellt vad man passar i rent generellt men även hur stor nagelyta man har att jobba med. Sen är det ju också som du säger en vanesak. Första gången jag hade 1mm så kändes de gigantiska och jag ville pilla bort dem, men nu är jag van och inte ens de riktigt stora "störande" längre. :)

      Delete
  5. Du har så mycket fint Gelic'!! Börjar bli avis här ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! Tack ;) Inte bli avis, om det är något speciellt som du tycker är snyggt kan jag tipsa om bra ebaysäljare ;) Bara att köpa lite ;)

      Delete

I love when you comment my posts even if it's just a simple hello. To simplify I will answer the comments in the post you wrote them in. I'll answer all comments so please check back if you want. :) Have a nice day!
Spam will be deleted.