Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Gina Tricot - Turquoise Dust, swatch

At first glance Turquoise Dust seems like a dupé for Deborah Lippmann - Mermaid's dream, however the reality is that they seem just similar. The color is a metallic pale green shade going towards blue, like a sea foam shade and it's filled with dark blue hexagon glitter and larger prismatic hexagons. This is a sheer polish and I needed 5 coats to make it cover so I'd recommend this for layering. I actually didn't fell in love with this polish so I'll be heading over to Green Wednesday enjoying other green polishes. ;)






Let's finish it off with a photo is the sun. :)
Bought at Gina Tricot (obviously;)), took the offer 3 polishes for 99SEK, which is like 3 polishes for 10 euros.

21 comments:

  1. shiny and sparkly :) reminds me a little bit a wintermint shade from Revlon :)
    I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I know which Revlon you're talking about, so true! :D

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Jodå, men jag fastnade i tanken på hur den skulle se ut om den vore varmt lila i stället. :O

      Delete
  3. This looks great - I love it. :-D

    Similar to the Lippmann and I agree with Fife, looks very similar to the Revlon :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oj så vacker.... vänta lite nu, jag tror jag har den här... *springer och kollar*
    Nepp har den inte men jösses så den är vacker :)
    Gina Tricot har grymt härliga nagellack för det mesta :)
    Fem lager var rätt mycket i och för sig men det är ju grymt snyggt :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha :D Du får införskaffa och sen layra den över ljusgrönt/mintgrönt :D xx

      Delete
  5. I bought this polish in march or so and still haven't wear it yet xD
    It is indeed very beautiful, thank you for reminding me of it hahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I also got polishes standing untried for months!! XD

      Delete
  6. looks cool. not exactly dupe, but cool too =)
    5 layers?! five?! omg =/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea.... 5 frickin layers! I should have read about it a first and layered it..... :/

      Delete
  7. I visited Stockholm this summer and bought three Gina Tricot nailpolishes. This caught my eye straight away as I thought it could be a dupe for Mermaid's Dream and it's a pity it's so sheer, because i'd the colour and glitter particles are spot on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool, but yea the sheerness is such a pity. Next time I use it I'll layer it over a metallic pale teal (think I got something quite similar in my stash to the base color. Otherwise GT has had good quality in their polishes.

      Delete

I love when you comment my posts even if it's just a simple hello. To simplify I will answer the comments in the post you wrote them in. I'll answer all comments so please check back if you want. :) Have a nice day!
Spam will be deleted.