Sunday, November 18, 2012

Humble Bee funky french

Let's continue with another one of my awesome favorite polishes! ;) This polish is also one of those I hold closely to my heart. And a funny story is that I wasn't aiming to buy it in the first place, I was actually buying Floam, saw this one and figured that I needed fill up the basket. Now I like this one better than Floam, way better actually. In my dreams I wish there was a green humble bee, or a red humble bee or a blue humble bee..you know. I just love matte neon glitter! :)

Humble Bee from I'm feeling nail venturous/ninja polish is glitter polish in a clear base. The glitters appear in two sizes, small round matte yellow neon glitters, small round matte black glitters and larger hexagon matte black glitters.
For this I used 5 coats to reach opacity. However I used very thin coats to make drying time acceptable since I'd heard that this one (and like Floam) take some time to dry. And I honestly think that for a full manicure maybe 3 coats would be enough. Here when making a funky french, VNL is totally unexcepted since that would look like crap.
 More about the opacity.. When I paint my nails with nail polish I start by shaking/rolling the bottle to mix the inside and then start with my right hand, thumb to pinkie, then my left hand. For this polish I recommend mixing the bottle before EACH hand because I noticed that my right hand which I started with got opaque on the third coat and the left on five coats. Even though there is suspension base holding up the glitter in the bottle, there so much glitter that it fells down anyhow. So I think it's important to mix it to be able to get the most on the brush.
More about drying time.. On the web site they claim that it has a bit longer drying time, and that you should wait for it to completely dry between each coat. I didn't wait that long for each coat and rather made everything in one go. And in my opinion it has a normal or even faster draying time than other polishes. Base coat and five coats on that might take some time for any polish but I didn't think this was no problems for me. It gets surface dry very quick and within some hours it was dried all trough, and this was with out Seché Vite. By this I compared with what I wore the day before this, 1 base coat + 1 coat of black + 2 coats of Chunky Holo Scarlet by Kleancolor which took all night to dry and some more.
A warning for Humble Bee and also Floam is that the edges of the nails get real sharp since of the glitter sticking out when it has dried completely. I actually scratched my self leaving small surface scars in the face during night time so a good idea is to gently file down any glitter sticking out, or painting the edge with top coat to smooth it of.

And about removing Humble Bee, yes and yes, it is hell removing, but SOO worth it! And with cotton drenched in acetone it only take at most a minute more than any other glitter, so like three minutes in total so I can't complain. ;)

I bought this from Ninja Polish and the shipping was quite fast, about 1,5-2 weeks.
(I think that they've changed the name to HumbleBee Floam now, I guess to show that it's alike as the regular Floam)

Hope you liked it and that you'll will have a great Sunday! :)
(A tip is to click the pictures to see them larger!;D)

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful look, and gorgeous polish! This is such an original shade, but 5 coats, is way too much for me :(
    But I can see why it's worthy to go throught them all ;)
    Have a nice Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it could be 3-4, it depend on how thick you make each coat. ;) But I see your point, if it wouldn't have been this nice I would probably sell it/give it away.
      And thank you, hope you'll have a nice Sunday too! :D

      Delete
  2. Lagomt roligt lack, till synes! Fem lager låter rätt hiskeligt jobbigt dock. :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Åh, jag tycker att det är värt det alla gånger! :D Men sen har jag ju fått mig en sån facination för de här matta glittren så det bidrar ju en del. ;)

      Delete
  3. I love this look, but 5 coats... But it looks like it's worth doing it once in a while :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I love it too. :D And I agree, once in a while it's definitely worth it, and besides, I wore this for 4 days and the removing took at a maximum 4 minutes. :D

      Delete
  4. Tuff mani! Väldigt utförlig recension av lacket, tack. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tack! Ibland är det svårt att veta hur utförligt man ska göra, om det är någon som uppskattar det eller ej. :) Men det här är ett lack som jag verkligen uppskattar så då är det kul att skriva om det. :)

      Delete
  5. Worth the 5 coats in my opinion ;)
    Love the name too! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In my opinion too! I love the name too.. Humble bee.. It is so clearly a yellow and black glitter polish! :D

      Delete

I love when you comment my posts even if it's just a simple hello. To simplify I will answer the comments in the post you wrote them in. I'll answer all comments so please check back if you want. :) Have a nice day!
Spam will be deleted.