Saturday, January 31, 2015

NCC presents: 30's wallpaper yellow rose nail art

I guess I'm cutting it short showing you the last of the four theme challenges post the 31st of January, but that still counts. ;) As you might know by now I've joined the nail challenge collaborative where we show four nail art's according to a specific theme each month.

This month the theme is wallpaper and as I said in my first post I decided to do a little "history lesson", doing my nail art's inspired by the wallpaper/interior designs of certain decades, going back in time. My last post was inspired by the 50s and today I'm showing a 30s wallpaper nail art.

Source 1 (refrigerator), Source 2 (yellow roses), Source 3 (pink roses)

I decided to skip the traditional art deco style which also was popular during the 30 and fell for these rose patterns. I decided for a gray base where I did a saran wrap with two gray polishes. Then I freehanded yellow roses. As the middle picture I decided for orange shadows in the roses and I also drew some leaves. Basically I'm pretty happy with the result, it looks like a painting in some ways because it's not so detailed. Also, much as a wallpaper I think it look the best from a distance, when I'm looking really close I think it looks weird. :P










Polishes used:
La Femme (gray)
KIKO - 329 (light gray)
KIKO - 368 (orange)
Essence - Love Is In The Air
Jordana Pop Art - Contemporary White


18 comments:

  1. your nails look so much like vintage flowers!
    I love them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Then I accomplished my goal,30s feels like vintage haha ^^

      Delete
  2. Beautiful nail art, you're very talented, I wish I could do the same, I'm a disaster when it comes to painting my nails :P
    You have a great blog! I'd love if you checked out my blog, and if you like it, can we follow each other on “GFC” (blog followers), and bloglovin? I promise I’ll follow you back <3

    x♥x♥

    "Saúde & Beleza - Health & Beauty"




    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comment <3
      I'll check your blog out :D
      xx

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much for stopping by and for following! I'm following you back now on ”GFC”, and ”bloglovin (#151)”....and I clicked there on the "♥heart button" (below each post) on all your posts, to show my appreciation ;)

      I'm also following you on "Google+" and I'd be very happy if you follow me back :)
      Keep in touch sweetie! Hope you have a fabulous weekend<3

      x♥x♥

      "Saúde & Beleza - Health & Beauty"




      Delete
    3. Thank you! <3
      Oh my, was sure I followed you on GFC too, think I accidentally put you in the wrong group. Hope I got it right this time. :)
      xx

      Delete
  3. This one is really cute as well, I like it a lot :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely nails dear! I am following your blog via GFC, it would be nice if you followed me back :)

    Sabina
    thisblogbelongstosabi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Sure, I'll check your blog out ;) xx

      Delete
  5. almost vintage design, I love it so very much. Your roses look amazing :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The 30s feels like vintage so I happy you say it. Also at first I wasn't happy with the roses but they came out great after some work.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks Bubica! Fun to hear you liked it.

      Delete
  7. Superfint! GIllar verkligen alla dina inlägg detta tema! 50 och 30-tal är nog mina favoriter. Mer gult åt folket ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tack! Hade jättekul med det här temat och det kanske märks med inläggen/bilderna. Och ja, gult är en väldigt fin färg att dekorera naglarna med. ^^

      Delete

I love when you comment my posts even if it's just a simple hello. To simplify I will answer the comments in the post you wrote them in. I'll answer all comments so please check back if you want. :) Have a nice day!
Spam will be deleted.