Friday, July 31, 2015

NCC presents: Blue stone inspired nail art

Time for my 4th post for this months Nail Challenge Collaborative theme Travel. For some years ago I was to Dominican Republic, it was a nice place but what I aiming for is that there is a special stone which they call Larimar, it's blue with white veins.  I kinda remembered them as blue and went on with my plans of making this nail art, and in my memory the veins was black. So when I googled it was too late to change plans, and I really like this end result.

So, more about the nail art. I used a bright blue color, then I used the Saran Wrap technique multiple times (tutorial is in the section above). First black on top of the blue, then blue again to create a marble stone like look. I freehanded the black arrow shape and white lines and placed these Born Pretty Store's blue stone imitation rhinestones. This manicure was hard to get color accurate, since the blue was too bright for my camera, and brighter than below, but did my best to edit the color correctly. Hope you'll like them as much as I did. :)








Polishes used:
R de L Young - Black
R de L Young - White
Look Ever - 22
Essence -
Born Pretty Store nail art stone imitation rhinestone the itemID: 20634 .(http://www.bornprettystore.com/flatback-cute-nail-decoration-round-water-drop-studs-nail-p-20634.html)

So this nail art wheel contains 4 colors of stone imitation rhinestones made out of plastic. The colors are white, blue, red and green which all have black stone like veins/marble look. Each color also comes in 3 different types, round, tear drop and oval. All the decorations are pretty big so I'd recommend them for accent nails like I've done above. I attached mine with nail glue because of their size and they sit nicely on the nail, wear ability wise they lasted well and after 3 days (which include me moving out/cleaning out an apartment) only the right hand's decoration show some slight wear. They're available for $3.52 and you can use my 10% discount code on that price. And as usual BPS has free world wide shipping.


10 comments:

  1. Wow, Gelic! These came out beautifully, I love how striking they are! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :D I'm really happy how they came out! :)

      Delete
  2. Sååå läckert det blev, gillar kombon av blått och svart. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Åh va snyggt det här blev! Alltid spännande också när man kommer ihåg en färg/sak och så var det eg en annan ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tack! :D haha, ja, lustigt hur man får bilder i huvudet och nästan skapar sina egna minnen, snopet när man ser hur det är på "riktigt". :)

      Delete
  4. Såå snyggt och färgerna är hur läckra som helst

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment my posts even if it's just a simple hello. To simplify I will answer the comments in the post you wrote them in. I'll answer all comments so please check back if you want. :) Have a nice day!
Spam will be deleted.