Saturday, October 27, 2012

Halloween white spider nail art in pink and black

Happy Saturday everyone!
Inspired by this nail art which I showed you the day before yesterday I've been thinking of making some sort of Halloween nail art in pink and black but still clearly Halloween. I honestly think I like the original more than this one but I still think it's fun. I mean if any one is going out this Halloween the nail art doesn't have to be orange/white/black to be Halloween inspired, it could be any color of your choice to match it with your outfit.

To make this nail art I painted my nails in neon pink and then I sponged black diagonal over the nail starting from the side of the tips. But I wasn't content there so I used my matte black glitter polish - uninhibited and dabbed if near the gradient and some over the pink to make the gradient ehm..cooler looking?! ;D
 After that I painted my spider webs and glued a 5MM pearl rhinestone as a spider body and then a 3MM pearl rhinestone as a spider head. And then I added two metal beads as eyes/jaws(?). The observant one might notice that I've alternated my accent nails, well both thumbs got spiders but the spider is on my ring finger on my left hand and on my middle finger on my right hand.
I think that a white spider is a fun idea, however if I'll do it again I think I will redo some things with it if I do it again. :) (Which I probably will ;))
Another detail is that the pictures where taken after I'd worn it for some days and I had cheated with the topcoat the which ended up in some wear and tear of the rhinestones/nail art in general. Multiple or triple layers of topcoat over the pearl rhinestones are a must in the long run to make it last longer!

Polishes and materials used:
Kleancolor - Neon Pink
Kleancolor - Black
L.A. Girl - Uninhibited
Jordana Pop Art - white
5MM pearl rhinestones
3MM pearl rhinestones
Silver metal beads.

Which one did you like best? This one or the "old" one in orange with black spiders?

14 comments:

  1. Very pretty! I did prefer the orange version just because that colour is more related to Halloween. But this version is also great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I think the same as you, I liked the original version better than this one. I think it's because the spider web appears thicker lined,even though I don't think it is. It's like a "trompe l'oeil"-thing going on with white and black, white appears thicker and black appears thinner. However, luckily the fun part of nail art is the variation. :D

      Delete
  2. Åh wow, det här var himla fint! Tror att jag tycker båda är lika fina faktiskt...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kul du gillade den/dom! :D Halloween-temas går ju verkligen att variera till det oändliga.

      Delete
  3. Otroligt smart och snyggt! Fina spindlar, om än lite läskiga...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tack! Spindlar ska ju vara lite läskiga och speciellt till Halloween. ;) Så då är det ju som det ska vara! :D

      Delete
  4. You are amazing Gelic'!
    Still love the 3D spiders :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 3D-spiders are awesome! :D And btw thank you ;)

      Delete
  5. That's so awesome, What a clever way of using the beads! Seriously never seen anything like that before! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :D Me neither, I love having 3D effects on my nails and rhinestones is an awesome way of doing it! :D

      Delete
  6. Själva spindeln var verkligen fin!

    ReplyDelete
  7. MEN HERREGUD SÅ HÄRLIG MANIKYR *okej ska lugna ner mig* :D
    xx

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment my posts even if it's just a simple hello. To simplify I will answer the comments in the post you wrote them in. I'll answer all comments so please check back if you want. :) Have a nice day!
Spam will be deleted.