Thursday, March 20, 2014

Studded watermarble in purple and orange

No. 20 in the 31dnc is water marble and I had a plan of combining orange and purple for this one. I also decided to have two accent marble nails of each hand and neon studs! I used a white base for the nails I water marbled with and I think that was lucky. As I suspected orange and purple mixed to harsh get brown which meant that the normal method of adding lots of polish to the water marble to increase the saturation didn't work, because these particular polishes started to mix to brown. Instead I used little polish and the marble looks a bit pastel like. However I really liked the result, especially with the square metal studs on all the nails. And btw, my black metal studs I've painted black my self, thought they added a cool contrast to the pastel thing going on. Hope you like this. :)









Polishes used:
Kleancolor - Neon Purple
Kleancolor - Neon Orange
Nordic Cap - NP12

Nordic Cap - NP13
Metal stud rhinestones in neon colors (bought from ebay)

23 comments:

  1. Vekligen supercoolt! Gillar att den galna watermarble effekten ramas in mellan enfärgade naglar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. perfect watermarble and great colors:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous manicure, I can see why you gave it 5 :D I really love the colours together, I'd be scared to pair these together but it works so beautifully! Your a genius at pairing colours :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yea me too, but I like the idea of matching colors like crazy on the nails. I've got more cool combos coming up ;)

      Delete
  4. Verkligen häftiga! Färgkombinationen är jättefin och gillar att det är både färgstarkt och lite pastelligt på samma gång :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tack! Ja, neon och pastell var ju inte tanken först, utan det fick bara bli så. Men visst vart det lite kul ändå :D

      Delete
  5. very cool marble (I can't understand how you did this neon colors looks so pastel like).
    and just awesome color combo!!! I like it, like it, like it! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :D Well, thin layers and much spreading I guess. But I think it depend on the polishes. These were not possible to add more polish to it because they started mixing into an ugly brown color.. lol :P

      Delete
  6. Vilka underbara färger tillsammans!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super snyggt! Orange och lila passar väldigt bra tillsammans, tror aldrig jag tänkt på det förut

    ReplyDelete
  8. The purple and orange work so well together!!! Love it! And the water marble looks awsome <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :D Yea, it turned out to be a great combo :D

      Delete
  9. Beautiful marble! And there I know now why these colors are rarely seen in marbles - you did an awesome job here and the studs are the icing on the cake - particularily the ones on your plain painted nails!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :D Yea, I will of course try more purple/orange combos to see how they'll mix in the future manicures :D And yea, the studs are always a great detail I think :D

      Delete
  10. Lila och orange är ju bara sååå snyggt tillsammans!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing watermarble girl.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your nail arts are Always soo creative!
    I love the colours that you used to create the watermarble effect on your nails! this nail art design looks just soo pretty ;)

    Xx Julia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :D Happy to hear that you liked it:D

      Delete

I love when you comment my posts even if it's just a simple hello. To simplify I will answer the comments in the post you wrote them in. I'll answer all comments so please check back if you want. :) Have a nice day!
Spam will be deleted.