|To the left: my pinkie. To the right: My thumb.|
And below is my little pictorial/tutorial guide on how to do this. After it I'll give some small instructions if you find it necessary. Basically this is a very quick and simple technique to obtain advanced nail art.
- Cut out the main motive with a (small) scissor.
- Peel off the protective plastic on top.
- Maybe cut in smaller pieces and then put in water. You just need them covered so a plate is enough. (Glass like here is not needed ;))
- Pick up the motive. The paper feels "oily" which makes the motive peel off easily.
- I used a tweezer to grab it even though it would be possible just to use the fingers.
- Then place it on the nail. It is super easy to move it around to place it exactly where you want.
- When I got it where I wanted I used my finger and pressed it down firmly.
- Then wait for a moment for the water to disappear or use a hair dryer. Then top coat it and you are ready to go.
|Here you see a good thing, the water decals have a white background making the motive look very sharp even on darker colors since the polish color wont shine through.|
And there you have it. The link to these water decals are HERE at the Born Pretty Store Website. The cost for the whole decal set is
***Some products in this post have been provided for review***