Tuesday, April 28, 2015

NCC presents; recreating member designs; Black and white nail art inspired by Traces Of Polish

My third manicure for the theme "recreating member designs" in the Nail Challenge Collaborative is a recreation of Traces of Polish's Black and White manicure. With the help of striping tape she created a beautiful look. But before I had read how she did it, I though she had used a different technique. Which is the one I've used here and which I'll explain below.

I started off with painting two spots with white and black on regular baking paper. Then I let it dry completely and peeled it off. I then used a scissor and cut them in stripes, and then in squares. I then used a dotting tool to pick them up and attached them on wet polish. And top coat on top. Fairly quick and a quite dramatic look with the "perfect" squares. I'm very happy with this result. :)
I'll definitely use this technique more times too..already got plans... ^^










Polishes used:
Sally Hansen - Sweet Tulip
Essence - Wild White Ways
Essence - Black Is Back


20 comments:

  1. Va glad jag blir att du valt en av mina manikyrer <3! Och som sagt ett mycket smartare sätt att skapa perfekta fyrkanter i förhållande till mitt eviga tejpande ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tack! :) Det finns väl för- och nackdelar med båda. Klippandet och placerandet kan lätt bli oprecist om man har otur. Med tejp finns det mer möjlighet att justera antar jag, även om det kanske är pilligare. :P
      Någon nämnde fyrkantigt glitter också, det kanske är den enklaste varianten.. haha :D

      Delete
  2. Sååå coolt och läckert, jag älskar svart och vitt tillsammans. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Gelic, this looks so awesome! Very unique and eye catching :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm very happy with the result! :)

      Delete
  4. that black and white pattern looks soo perfect and I love the French-like feel of this manicure :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. you had such a good idea - very elegant and unique design :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. tycker det ser tufft ut och svart o vitt är inte fel heller!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow what a lovely mani Gelic. I love it :-D

    ReplyDelete

I love when you comment my posts even if it's just a simple hello. To simplify I will answer the comments in the post you wrote them in. I'll answer all comments so please check back if you want. :) Have a nice day!
Spam will be deleted.