Friday, January 4, 2013

My new year's eve nail art

Hi!
As promised, here's my new years eve nail art! As you can see it's a sloping funky french in gold holo glitter and then stars stamped randomly along the sloping smiley. Maybe gold is "wrong" to a new year manicure but I really had a feel for the gold glitter holo. And I really liked the outcome. Below there's a lot of pictures and I hope you like it too!

In writing moment I'm just about to go to bed because when this is published I'm headed back to my home town, back home to my boy friend. Can't wait. It's a three hour trip and if I'm not sleeping the whole way I'll probably edit a large bunch of nail art pictures. We'll see what I find most interesting, sleep or nail art.. haha :)

 Oh, and btw, the stamping was hell. I used a regular black first but that was too thin and was hard to pick up from the plate. I then changed to my fine liner polish (they are often thicker and more pigmented) and the stamping was so much easier.



 Here you can see the bottle for the gold holo glitter. And you see correctly, it's a fine liner which I've brushed over a normal gold so that I only needed 1 coat of the holo glitter. I say holo glitter because it really sparkles like holo, however it's not a real holo glitter, because there's no purple or blue in it. The main glitter combination is from red-orange-yellow to green. Is that a half holo or just multi glittering glitter? Anyhow, gorgeous polish.
Polishes used:
Depend (the base)
ZTIZ Nail polish (gold base)
Color Club Art Club (gold holo glitter)
L.A. Colors Art Deco - Black (used for stamping)
Konad image plate m3

10 comments:

  1. Hej
    Gud va du har snygga naglar, måste få fråga hur du får dom så snygga.
    Stärker du dom med gel under lacket osv.
    Nyfiken på tips och ideer.

    /Pernilla

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tack så hemskt mycket, kul att du gillar vad du ser! Har ingen stärkande gel under vanligtvis, kan laga någon nagel med akryl men bara om någon är trasig.
      Det tråkiga svaret är väl att det delvis har att göra med gener men jag kunde väldigt länge inte få längre än några milimeter vit kant och mina naglar skivade sig väldigt mycket konstant och blev därför supersvaga och gick därför av etc.
      Inser att jag skulle kunna göra ett helt inlägg om vad jag gör, för när jag tänker efter finns det små saker som jag nu gör eller har lärt mig som jag inte gjorde förr. Handlar om att klippa bort skivande naglar, ha stärkande lack, alltid lackat och även sättet jag lackar. Hörrudu, jag pillar ihop ett inlägg om detta så blir det lättare att förklara allt. Hoppas att det ska komma att hjälpa lite! :D

      Delete
    2. Härligt, ser fram emot ett nagelhanterande/vårdande inlägg :)
      /Pernilla

      Delete
  2. Supersnyggt! För tunna lack är ett elände att försöka stämpla med.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ja verkligen! Fast detta var ju både tunt och svårt att lämna plattan. Vissa lack jag haft har varit tunna men åt minstone möjliga att lyfta från plattan. Höll nästan på att ge upp hela stämplingsidéen innan jag prövade fine liner-lacket. ;)

      Delete
  3. Finally you are showing us your new year eve mani!! ;)
    And it sure was worth waiting for! Sooo pretty!!
    Of course you can wear gold on new years!! It glitters too ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hihi, yes, only 4 days after! ;P Thank you! Yes, apparently it did work and I liked it a lot too! :D Stars is new years appropriate too. :D

      Delete
  4. Du är så otroligt duktig. Riktigt snyggt. Måste ha varit vackert på nyårsafton!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tackar i massor! :) Ja, jag var så nöjd på nyårskvällen, fånstirrade lite på glitternaglarna då och då under kvällen. ;) haha

      Delete

I love when you comment my posts even if it's just a simple hello. To simplify I will answer the comments in the post you wrote them in. I'll answer all comments so please check back if you want. :) Have a nice day!
Spam will be deleted.