Tuesday, September 3, 2013

31DC2013 Day 1; Red arrow funky french

Hi, I kinda just decided that I wanted to participate in The 31 Day Challenge by Chalkboard Nails which happens to be one of my favorite bloggers. I missed the actual starting date which normally is on the 1st of September but I figured that it wouldn't matter that much. The reasons why I wanted to participate (except that I've wanted to do it before) are that I was forced to heavily shorten my nails and also that they just before I broke a bunch of them to the flesh also got extremely stained and therefore needed some extra push to keep my creativity. I've been been a bit down due to this a couple of weeks and they're still short (to be me) but I still wanted to challenge my self to try pulling this of. I'm not sure I'll manage to make one post each day but that's my ambition, however some theme days I might do double post or delay this challenge due to lack of time. That's the background story and this will be my day no.1 in this challenge. Everyone is free to join and the rules aren't any, just to "follow" the image below.

I wanted to start by doing something simple and ended up with a high funky french; the arrow style or what ever you'd like to call it. The red I'm using is a favorite amongst so many nail polish lovers, however I'm left pretty much untouched, I don't even own it, this is my moms polish and I'm not planning of buying one of my own. The nail art it self I really liked though and I'd love to wear it again.







 Polishes used:
China Glaze - Ruby Pumps
Maybelline - DA051
Jordana Pop Art - Black Mark


Hope you liked this and are up for an orange nail art tomorrow.

21 comments:

  1. Vad kul! Det blir verkligen en utmaning :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ja, verkligen! Hoppas jag lyckas hålla inspirationen uppe men också har tid. :P

      Delete
  2. Glömde skriva att Ruby Pump är en favoritröd hos mig :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, ja, den är ju oerhört älskad av många! :)

      Delete
  3. Jättesnyggt! Vilken rolig utmaning. Fast tidskrävande med nailart varje dag ... Och dina naglar ser ju inte korta ut precis *s*.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tack! Ja, nog är det tidskrävande men ska se till att ligga lite före, gör en nail art på morgonen och byter på kvällen så ligger man en dag före så slipper man stressa. Och JA...de ser inte alls korta ut på bilden så jag vet inte varför jag gnäller!? De kändes väl korta när jag klippte bort 5mm men blev ju ganska mycket kvar.. Har haft samma lack i 1,5 halv vecka och ha nog inte tänkt på att de faktiskt var långa och tom kanske växt på sig sen jag klippte.

      Delete
  4. Hi Gelic - awww exiting - looking forward to tons of inspirational posts from you!!! I love your mani - how elegant and I am afraid I belong to the fan troops of Ruby Slipper- LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :D I'll hope something cool will come up from this, especially since I don't have that long time to come up with ideas and then create them! :D
      Haha, yea, from the start I figured that I'd be alone being not a fan. However I stand for my principles, I can't start liking a polish just because I'm the only one who don't. :D

      Delete
  5. Riktigt snyggt tycker jag! Det ska bli himla kul och spännande att utmana sig själv, och att följa dig samtidigt! Roligt :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tack! Ja, det blir verkligen en utmaning! :D Och jag håller med, håller extra hård koll på dig och de andra som gör challengen. :D

      Delete
  6. Simple yet really classy design :) Love the colors

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and I agree, the whole thing feels very classical :D

      Delete
  7. Wow this looks really gorgeous and honestly I like this length a lot :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :D Yea, I think I exaggerated that they were short, I'm starting to like it too. :D

      Delete
  8. Yay, I'm so glad you've joined the challenge! I love your take on the red nails!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I saw you were in it too :D Allways fun with a bunch of bloggers doing it the same time! :D

      Delete
  9. Very nice! A bit of a Gaga-style ;)
    I love that Ruby Pumps polish!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!:D Yea, maybe a bit gaga to it. I figured most people would appreciate the look of Ruby Pumps in this! :)

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Tack, kul att du gillade den. Har för mig att du även gillar Ruby Pumps mycket. :)

      Delete

I love when you comment my posts even if it's just a simple hello. To simplify I will answer the comments in the post you wrote them in. I'll answer all comments so please check back if you want. :) Have a nice day!
Spam will be deleted.