Wednesday, September 18, 2013

31DC2013 Day 18; Matte half moon nail art with gradient

First I didn't understand what a half moon was but soon realized that it's the same as a very high smiley for a funky french. I knew I wanted to make some sort of a gradient and also soon realized that the thing I wanted to do had been done by The Nailasaurus just to mention one of all who'd done it. That didn't stop me though and I decided to use pastel purple and gray as my two colors (I really like having gray in nail art's now days). Since I don't have a template or round stickers of some kind I free handed my half moon and then sponged like crazy, it didn't end upp to be my best gradient ever but it's like that some days. Instead of the old trusty Seche Vite I decided that this should be matte and I really liked the matte end result so here you have it;








Polishes used:
HM - matte top coat
Kleancolor - Pastel Purple

HM nail polish - Miss Stone Heart

22 comments:

  1. Jag tycker det matta är häftigt, men jag är inte så förtjust i halvmånemanikyrer. Annars gillar jag färgkombon och det matta. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tack! Klart man inte kan gilla exakt allt hela tiden. ;P

      Delete
  2. Jättesnygg färgkombination, och tjusig upphottning av temat! Grått är ju en himla bra färg, egentligen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tack! Och ja, grått är ju himla användbart!;P

      Delete
  3. Lovely colour combo. I love some grey and pink together. I like how you explain half moon:a very high smiley french! haha. I like half moon manicures because they're like the pre-history of nail art! I think that must have been pretty edgy for a 1940's girl to paint her nails red and half moon white to mimic the natural half moon in the roots of the nails :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :D It's actually purple and not pink, but the purple really came out more like pink in these photos. I like half moons too and I didn't know that they're pre-history nail art. I can really imagine how edgy that kind of girl must have felt! :D

      Delete
  4. Beautiful work Gelic! I love the colours together, makes me think of a warm wooly jumper in winter! I think you did great considering you didn't have any templates and your gradient is gorgeous. Grey is so under-rated! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :D Fun you liked it! Gray sure is under-rated! I've done a lot of gray-combinated nail art's now and I really like it! :D

      Delete
  5. freehand :o wow hats off!!! you are seriously talented :D I absolutely gorgeous mani :')

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vad snyggt!! Jag gillar att du valde att göra naglarna matta:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tack! Ja, det var länge sen sist så nu var det sjutton dax! :D Matt kan verkligen helt ändra uttryck på diverse nail arts! :D

      Delete
  7. love the grey and purple :) nice mani !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :D I also really liked the color combination :D

      Delete
  8. very nice color combo =)
    and the whole thing looks very unusual and cool =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank's It felt like a cool combiantion with the pastel purple and the gray, all in matte. Fun you appreciated it! :D

      Delete
  9. Beautiful colors you picked and the matte makes it even more great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :D I also thought that the matte really added to the manicure! :D

      Delete

I love when you comment my posts even if it's just a simple hello. To simplify I will answer the comments in the post you wrote them in. I'll answer all comments so please check back if you want. :) Have a nice day!
Spam will be deleted.