Tuesday, September 17, 2013

31DC2013 Day 17; Icy glitter gradient

Hi lovelies! I just got home from a job interview/test and figured that I deserved some fun time and I also figured that I wanted to catch up in the 31 day challenge and by posting this I'll be in phase. Day 17 propsy is glitter nails and I figured that there's a lot of ways of making glitter manicures. After a while my eye went to Lush Lacqer - Blue Gypsy (which is a glitter polish with a pastel blue base), and if you remember that post or any of my Lush Lacqer posts, the formula of the polishes are horrible and application is super messy. However, my thought was that maybe BG (Blue Gypsy) would be great for sponged gradients. Then I could control the glitter amount on each nail and also the thin formula perhaps would blend perfectly. OH, how wrong I was.. BG just continued being a mess; the glitter didn't show so well, it got really thick as the pictures shows. To hide the worst problems I painted my nails with a matte opaque white glitter and suddenly I like it much more! Suddenly my nails looked like ice and snow and the half hidden glitter from BG looked kinda cool. So what do you think about this?




And yea, a big hint, the darker blue does not look like it should in my pics, so not color accurate. IRL Beach Blue as it's called, is much more aqua, it's a blue with green in it without being a teal or turquoise. BG looks like it should though. In general I don't like these pics so much, the light is very off.. Hopefully you can see past this.



Polishes used;
Oopise Daisies - Zeus
Kleancolor - Beach Blue (as I said, not color accurate in the pictures)
Lush Lacqer - Blue Gypsy,

16 comments:

  1. Läckert, det ser ut som snöfall en vinterkväll! Tycker absolut att du ska vara nöjd :) Hoppas jobbintervjun gick bra!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tack! Lite så jag också tänkte, snö på en vinterkväll. Ja, det gick nog bra, men var var ca 45 andra där så man ska nog ha tur om man går vidare.. Jag håller tummarna oavsett.:P

      Delete
  2. I love this look! Great job with the gradient - I like how bold the blue colors are. And with that awesome white glitter on top it's really like a winter wonderland! Love it <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank's! I'm really content how it turned out, in the beginning it looked like it went bad but then the white glitter really saved it big time! :D

      Delete
  3. Det ser ut som en härlig vinterdag, så vackert! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tack! Den kändes verkligen vintrig, kul, för det var inte tanken innan. ;D

      Delete
  4. Den här manikyren ser riktigt vintrig och fin ut! Jag nominerade dig till en blogg-award men nu ser jag ju att du redan har fått den tidigare.. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tack, dels för att du gillade manikyren men också för awarden! Alltid kul att få, även om jag redan fått förut! :D

      Delete
  5. This is so pretty! The colors work perfectly together :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :D I really liked the out come too. :D

      Delete
  6. Jag tänkte snöfall när jag såg bilderna, och jag ser i kommentarerna att jag inte är ensam om den associationen!

    Jättefint!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nä, jag tror vi alla tänkte snöfall när man såg detta! :D Tack också!

      Delete
  7. perfect color combo, gracious gradient (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really liked how it turned out :D

      Delete

I love when you comment my posts even if it's just a simple hello. To simplify I will answer the comments in the post you wrote them in. I'll answer all comments so please check back if you want. :) Have a nice day!
Spam will be deleted.