Thursday, September 19, 2013

31DC2013 Day 19; Abstract punk rock galaxy nails

Galaxies.. galaxies galaxies..I wasn't in the mood for the regular ones. When saying galaxy nails they all have the same concept and I will try that out too someday but this time I wanted to make my own interpretation. My first thought was that I wanted a polish that could work as a starry heaven on it's own, I picked Golden Nightmare which I've swatched but yet not shown nor reviewed, it has just stayed hidden in the archive. What I can say about it is that it has it ups and downs, the downside is that it get's gritty and the plus side is that it's a one coater and that the grittiness can be solved with two coats of top coat. With the top coat this is gorgeous, it's not really that dark blue like a real starry heaven, but it do have a bunch of golden glitter or glass-flecks which today will symbolize stars and galaxies. I also attached star-shaped golden metal stud rhinestones on all nails except my accent nail where I placed a bunch of metal beads, and suddenly this nail art turned very edgy and punk rock, however keep in mind it's a punk rock galaxy.. ;)



IRL the glitter showed much more than in the pictures and some time I had a hard time getting focus in the shots. I rarely use flash shots but this time I'll show you one (below) because that was the only way to really show how beautiful the polish is

 Polishes used;
Kleancolor - Golden Nightmare
Golden  star-shaped metal stud rhinestones
Golden metal beads

17 comments:

  1. Wow!! Det här är ju bara såååååå snyggt! Så coolt och tufft. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tack! Ja, det kändes lite tufft och annorlunda :D

      Delete
  2. Härligt med lite nya infallsvinklar på galaxerna! Jättehäftigt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tack! Ja, jag kände att jag inte ville göra den förutsägbara tolkningen, som visserligen är snygg i sig. Detta blev som en enklare variant av galax/stjärnhimel. :P

      Delete
  3. Jag gillar dina galaxer! Är inte så förtjust i den "vanliga" tolkningen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tack! Kul att du gillade min tolkning, den blev ju rätt så annorlunda från de "vanliga". :D

      Delete
  4. The base polish looks GORGEOUS! I love these nails, they're a great unique take on the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :D The base polish is really awesome and I figured that i would look great in this combination, fun you appreciated how I thought about this, didn't know if people would do that even though I liked it my self!

      Delete
  5. Supercool tolkning! Jag följer dig i denna utmaning varje dag och jag häpnas över allt fint du gör! Hinner inte kommentera allt, men jag tittar varje dag!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tack, va snäll du är! <3 Vet hur det kan vara ibland i livet, ibland hinner man bara inte med allt man vill! :)

      Delete
  6. wow. this is so cool!!!. agian you amused me. I will definitely try this sometime (: Loved the punk , funky galaxy (;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :D It sure is punk and funky and I'd love to your version on this! :D

      Delete
  7. not so galaxies...
    but I like your punk nails more than galaxies! looks really cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's much of a long-fetch.. If one want's to see a galaxy they'll see a galaxy otherwise it's cool punk nails! ;) haha

      Delete

I love when you comment my posts even if it's just a simple hello. To simplify I will answer the comments in the post you wrote them in. I'll answer all comments so please check back if you want. :) Have a nice day!
Spam will be deleted.