Saturday, September 21, 2013

31DC2013 Day 21; Inspired by orange; orange fruit nail art

20 days have passed and the third and last part of the challenge starts. This section is called "inspired by.." and today it is "inspired by a color". My color of choice is orange.. which perhaps is the first thing one would think of but I really liked my idea so I went with it. I curious to see what you other did! ;)

Basically as you can see I went for my orange colored texture polish, which in my mind looked like orange peel and then I painted the orange wedge. Or well, I painted the fruit flesh first as a "half moon" and then the peel..you'll get it when you see the pictures. I don't think this is my best nail art ever, but no matter what, it is so fun to look at that I don't mind! Hope you like it too! :D


 I also realized that oranges isn't as orange as the nail polish, my nails looked more like mandarins! ;)




Polishes used;
BK nail art color (white)
Sure Promise (orange)
Sure Promise (orange)
China Glaze - Orange You Hot?
China Glaze - Toe-Tally Textured

27 comments:

  1. Men hur coolt och snyggt var inte det där på en skala!? Jag gillar!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this made me hungry :P look yummylicious ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, thank's! the orange actually was jummy in reality too..;)

      Delete
  3. Gelic your not allowed to make me hungry before I've even had breakfast haha. I love this, and you photographed it beautifully too, I love the prop photo's :D I've seen a lot of orange fruit nails but this is by far the best one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha.. sorry ;) I really like when I'm able to use props of different kind, or at least match with something cool in the background, wish I could do that all the time. :) And thank's a lot!

      Delete
  4. Wow, vilken kul idé! Så snyggt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you! I felt so sneaky and content when I figured that it would look like real peal.. haha :D

      Delete
  6. Oh wow this is amazing! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look amazing! I love how you used a textured polish for the "peel" of the orange!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I felt so "smart" when I came up with this idea, it sounded cool in my head and also worked well in the reality :D

      Delete
  8. Galen idé och snyggt genomfört. Texturlacket var ju toppen som skalet:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tack! Ja, det är ju det som är lite kul med texturlackstrenden; dvs att man kan göra så många fler roliga nail art's! ;D

      Delete
  9. Wow! this is museum nail art kind!!
    I love the texture and everything about it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Fun you liked it, it's always cool to mix texture and shiny.

      Delete
  10. Du är så himla kreativ! Smart och snnyggt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Men tack! Kul att kunna visa för alla er som gillar lack. Folk i min vardag är inte lika impade jämt :)

      Delete

I love when you comment my posts even if it's just a simple hello. To simplify I will answer the comments in the post you wrote them in. I'll answer all comments so please check back if you want. :) Have a nice day!
Spam will be deleted.