Sunday, September 15, 2013

31DC2013 Day 14; Rhinestone flower nail art combined with lace nail art

Hi, this is my longest post ever and if you can bare through whole this post you'll understand why.. ;)

Today's propsy in the 31 day challenge is flowers. I had this really cool and minimalistic idea and like many of the manicures I've shown in the challenge I went for something simple to recreate for those of you who think nail art is interesting but hard to do. This flower nail art, pretty much anyone could do, you only need a basecolor and two colors of rhinestones. I chose gray (again) background and black and red rhinestones which in my eyes looks like a poppy!






This is part 2; when I was waiting for this mani to dry I realized that Lelack had a theme which was "lace" on Nail Art Sunday and of cause I wanted to join both the challenge and the theme. If I would have read her theme in advance I would have done something different but this time I didn't want to redo my whole manicure so I just added the lace to the original nail art. I freehanded my lace so it would look like a high smiley funky french.







Polishes used:
HM nail polish - Miss Stone Heart
Jordana Pop Art - Black Mark
Red and black 2MM rhinestones

So, congratulations if you got this far! ;) Which one did you like the best? Have you tried making rhinestone flowers before? Also hope that you all have had a great weekend and will have a nice Sunday!

26 comments:

  1. wow. you freehand work is awesome. I love the lace. Its gorgeous (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It took some time but was worth the effort! :D

      Delete
  2. Supersnygg kombination med blommor & spets! Båda gör sig bra, gillar när det är "enkelt". Himla snygg frihandsspets du gjort också!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tack tack! :D Ja, ibland kan det enkla vara det bästa! Kul att du gillade frihandningen också.

      Delete
  3. Verkligen snyggt! Spetsmönstret gillar jag supermycket!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tack! Var endel pillande för att nå resultatet! ;P

      Delete
  4. I love both looks! I like the fact that you managed to transform the manicure so well. I love how the grey suits your skin tone! I can never pull out these shades :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank's Natalia! I was also quite impressed that it came together so nice even though it not was what I originally planned. Nice to hear that you think gray suit my skin, because I really like wearing it! :D I bet you can pull it out too. :)

      Delete
  5. What an adorable mani! I have a little preference for the gray one, gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I also really like gray manicures! :D

      Delete
  6. Yay, you've combined the themes :D I love both the lace and the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, I thought it was a good idea, but it was a close one! I also realized the theme very late! :D

      Delete
  7. This is beautiful, I love how it looked to start with but the end result is amazing. I love that your creative to add to an already finished manicure! I've not tried gem flowers but I will have to! Also this is beautiful shade of grey :D Have a great weekend! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for all your kind words! :D This is actually my favorite gray in the stash, it covers great and has such a great formula. :D If I see it I'll get a backup! :)

      Delete
  8. Hur snyggt som helst!! Min "spets" ser lite galen ut nu i jämförelse ;) men idag har jag skaffat mig ett nailart brush set så här ska övas!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tack! haha, din spets var ju lite mer spetsig än min..ja eller en helt annan typ spets helt enkelt! :D
      Oh, spännande med setet, vilka verktyg man har avgör ju helt klart vilket resultat man får! Framstegen syns ganska snabbt då! :D

      Delete
  9. Wow! I can't believe that you did that lace by freehand!!! Amazing!! I love that grey polish! It's awesome!! Red is also very flattering against grey! Well done!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thank you! :D Gray and red combined with black is such a winner! I think it feels a bit asian too, but maybe that's just me! :D

      Delete
  10. Frihandade spetsen imponerar, snyggt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tack! Var ju en del pill och tålamod så kul att den blev uppskattad! :D

      Delete
  11. Blev ju jättefint med spetsen! Jag gillade det verkligen!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks amazing -- I love the addition of the lace! The colors you used are great together too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :D Yea, I really like gray, black and red together, it's the perfect combination! :D

      Delete
  13. Replies
    1. Thank you, it got tiny bit more advanced in the end with all the free handing! ;)

      Delete

I love when you comment my posts even if it's just a simple hello. To simplify I will answer the comments in the post you wrote them in. I'll answer all comments so please check back if you want. :) Have a nice day!
Spam will be deleted.